Rumor on the street has it that the Prince William County government expects to receive $70,000,000 more in tax revenue next year due to the tax increases the state passed. $39,725,000 is the school division’s share of that money.
I don’t know if the $70 million is true or not. I’ve heard it from multiple sources, with each asking whether PWCS would get its cut.
Let’s play pretend. Assuming it’s true and the PWC Government is willing to share, what do you think PWCS should do with the $39,725,000?
- Use all of the money to reduce class sizes.
- Split the money into two parts and use half to reduce class sizes and the other half as a bonus to our teachers to make up for the past few years.
- Spend $10 million building the pool in the 12th high school and use the rest for class size reductions and teacher bonuses.
- Split the money evenly among our school Principals to use however they deem necessary.
- Send every graduating senior to Disney World for a week.
- Pay me to move someplace far far away with no internet access.