The results of the 2009 / 2010 Division wide satisfaction survey are available on the PWCS web site (see here). This survey is completed annually and is sent to a random but representative sample of PWCS students, faculty, and parents.
The survey seeks to gauge :
- community satisfaction with the quality of instructional programs, services, and opportunities
- community satisfaction with the quality of teaching, learning, and the working environment
- community satisfaction with the strength of school / community partnerships
- parent satisfaction with teacher quality
- staff satisfaction with the quality of recruitment, training, recognition, and rewards
- staff satisfaction with the quality of services provided by central staff
- community satisfaction with the overall quality of the division
In these tight budgetary times I have to ask what value is derived from this survey. It’s so vague and combines so many groups that identifying areas that need improvement is next to impossible. There is nothing specific, measurable, or actionable in this survey. In short, it’s a complete and utter waste of time and money. So why do we bother with it? Why not eliminate the division wide survey and save the money?