The agenda for the 6 January 2010 PWC School Board Meeting has been released (see here).
Items to be discussed include:
– Appointing a Vice Chairman, Clerk and Deputy Clerk;
– Setting the school board meeting schedule for 2010;
– Appointing representatives to professional organizations;
– Authorizing Superintendent Walts to submit paperwork associated with receiving Impact Aide under the Improving America’s Schools Act of 1994;
– Designating February 2010 as African-American History Observation month;
– Designating February 2010 as Career and Technical Education Month;
– Designating February 1 – 5, 2010 as National School Counseling Week;
– Designating March 1 – 7, 2010 as National Foreign Language Week;
– Approving the 2010 summer school program;
– Discussing the proposed Avendale development;
– Approving the Recognized American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Model Program Application for Penn, Mountain View, Mullen, and Henderson Elementary Schools,and Woodbridge and Stonewall Jackson High Schools; and,
– Receiving the recommendation of the 11th High School Naming Committee.